I have been photographing weddings for over 5 years now and have had the pleasure of working at some fabulous venues. So I have decided of putting together my top 10 favourite wedding venues list to share with couple who may still be looking for the perfect venue where to get married and perhaps this little list may help them with their search.
Many factors have contributed in making me choose these venues, one of which has to be the light. There is so many beautiful venues where light can be quite challenging and although I am confident and capable of shooting in any light conditions, believe me I have shot under some very challenging light at some venues, good ambient light, when choosing a venue, would be an influencing factor amongst other features.
I have looked through the many venues I have photographed at and I have chosen the below ones based not only on good natural light but also on their spaciousness, versatility, variety and endless photo opportunities.
Visit each venue’s site for in depth details of what they have to offer and see why I have chosen them:
- Botleys Mansion A beautifully elegant country house set amid 56 acres of parkland in Surrey. Spacious stunning rooms with plenty of beautiful light.
- The Town Hall Hotel Set in the heart of the vibrant East End, the Town Hall Hotel combines architectural splendour with cutting edge design.
- Brocket Hall One of the most fashionable and romantic location for weddings since the 18th Century.
- RIBA Between the buzz of Oxford Street and the tranquillity of Regents Park this superb building represents the best of British architecture.
- Gaynes Park A stylish and contemporary barn set in the grounds of a historic country estate in Epping.
- Hedsor House A magnificent Georgian country house in Buckinghamshire
- Fetcham Park A truly stunning house full of character and charm with an impeccable service and attention to details second to none.
- Woburn Sculpture Gallery Set in the beautiful grounds of Woburn Abbey and Woburn Safari Park.
- Stanford Hall With unique surroundings this venue looks like a palace across a distant meadow.
- Kensington Palace Within the tranquil Kensington Gardens it has one of the most beautiful orangery I have ever seen.